Gluten free! Dairy free! Soy free!
I have always told Rob (my husband) that he should be a chef. He opened my mind to what food can actually taste like. Growing up, I was never fond of “healthy” food. Ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese were my most commonly consumed meals as an adult. He taught me how cooking in the kitchen is like doing alchemy, which struck a chord of inspiration in me. You mix a wide range of ingredients together, that separate may be boring, or even unpleasant. The final product tastes more than the sum of the individual parts. Something new is born.
Peanut Curry Chicken
- 4-5 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Thighs (Can substitute for what you prefer)
- 1 small onion
- Avocado Oil (Or your preference)
- Garlic Salt (Can use separately instead)
- Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- Lemon Juice
- Curry Powder (We use McCormicks)
- Ginger Powder
- Soy Sauce, Organic and Gluten Free (Can omit)
- Sauté onion until lightly brown, in avocado oil
- Start rice. Add 1/8 teaspoon cumin and cardamom, while cooking.
- Add chicken to pan with onions. Add more oil if needed.
- Add 1 teaspoon vinegar to chicken.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- Add raisins and lemon juice
- When chicken is fully cooked, add two spoonfuls of peanut butter. Mix into chicken well.
- Add lemon juice and soy sauce to the rice, when it’s finished.
- Serve Peanut Curry Chicken on top of rice.